Chettinad Chicken Gravy
A great lunch with a freshly grounded masala for the spicy chicken gravy. Some few tricks to make your gravy to the top notch.
Roast & Grind
Peppercorns - 12-15
Red Chilli - 4-5
Cardamon - 1-2
Cloves - 1-2
Cinnamon stick - 1/2"
Cumin - 1 tsp
Fennel - 1 tsp
Chicken - 250g
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2tsp
Sali - As per taste
Onion - 3
Tomato - 3
Curry leaves - 3 string
1. Dry roast and grind in roast ingredient
2. Finely chop the onions
3. Make puree of the tomatoes
4. In a kadai pour oil saute the onions to translucent
5. Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds
6. Pour in the puree and give a quick stir.
7. Once oil separates from the gravy drop in the chicken, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Allow to cook in high flame add 1 cup of water and let it cook in medium flame for 10-15 mins.
9. When the chicken is 3/4th cooked add the freshly prepared masala and give a nice stir.
10. Sprinkle fresh curry leaves.
11. Turn off the stove when the oil separates.
Serve with steamed rice or roti.
Freshly grounded peppercorns can be added to the gravy before turning of the stove. Gives great flavours and enriches your dish.